RapidShield™ Model 998/999 is a heavy-duty exterior door that features a solid aluminum curtain with opening speeds up to 80” per second. Engineered for high cycles and easy operation.
Sleek and sophisticated RapidView™ Model 999 is a full view door featuring scratch resistant polycarbonate panels with opening speeds up to 80” per second. Engineered for high cycles and easy operation.
Engineered For High Cycles
- Springless design requires minimal interruption for maintenance
- Direct-mounted gear drive minimizes wear and tear
- Virtually frictionless design ensures minimal noise and wear
Simple Install And Low Maintenance
- Completely hinged guide
- Fully-assembled curtain arrives pre-wrapped in head plate and trusses ready for installation
- Pre-wired motor connection and plug and play accessories
- Patent-pending integrated curtain-monitoring device ensures the door has a redundant system to monitor the position of the door
- Safety light curtain minimizes contact with objects in the doorway
- Monitored wireless reversing edge
- RapidShield™ Model 998 has a high strength dual wall aluminum curtain construction providing security and privacy
Smooth And Easy Operation
- Gravity drive system coupled with variable frequency drive eliminates sudden jolts, wear and tear from door start/stop
- Steel head-plate utilizes high strength rubber rollers preventing curtain from wrapping on each other, providing smooth, quiet operation of the door
- Independently-tested and capable of withstanding pressure of up to 100 psf for RapidShield™ Model 998 and 50 psf for RapidView™ Model 999 and operating under pressures of up to 5 psf
Sleek And Sophisticated Look
- RapidView™ Model 999 features crisp lines of corrosion resistant aluminum providing an architecturally striking look.
- Clear vision high impact-resistant polycarbonate delivering maximum light infiltration into the space
Standard max width
26′ (998) / 21′ (999)
Standard max height
Up to 80″ per second
Pressure / wind resistance
Up to +100/-100 PSF (998)
Up to +50/-50 PSF (999)
Up to +5/-5 PSF
Dual-walled aluminum (998)
Aluminum and scratch-resistant polycarbonate (999)
Scratch-resistant poly-carbonate panels
Direct drive motor and gearbox system
Variable frequency drive NEMA 4X cULus listed
Integrated light curtain
Reversing safety edge
Wireless reversing edge
230V AC 3PH; 460V AC 3PH; 575V AC 3PH;
* Pressure/wind resistance value is the ultimate pressure tested at door width of 15′.
* Operational pressure value is the pressure tested up to 100,000 cycles at a door max width.
* Up to +50/-50 PSF for RapidShield® Model 998 with optional vision panels.