Model 8700 is a vinyl garage door, engineered to provide a maintenance-free and elegant look that will last for years. These vinyl garage doors won’t rust, fade, crack, or dent. It is the ultimate door for easy-care living and excellent for coastal regions because of its resistance to salt, humidity and sand.
- Wood grain texture and deep raised panel offers the timeless design of freshly painted hardwood.
- PVC color construction means scratches will never show because the color goes all the way through the material.
- UV-Resin used in the door’s construction contains special polymers that protect the door sections from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Polyurethane foamed-in-place insulation – with an R-value* of 11.75, this door can improve your home’s thermal efficiency, block street noise and make the door operate more quietly
- Bottom weather seal blocks draft and debris from entering the garage.
- TorqueMaster® Plus Counterbalance is our exclusive counterbalance system that safely and cleanly contains the springs inside a steel tube.
- WindSafe – Available with optional hardware and reinforcements for high-wind regions.
- Polyurethane insulation is permanently bonded to the vinyl skin for thermal efficiency, durability and added rigidity.
- Twin 22-gauge steel C-channels run full length of each panel and are anchored to the interior steel stiles for strength.
American Door warrants this door for 15 years against peeling, flaking, chipping or cracking of the vinyl skin, and 5 years against excessive color fading of the vinyl skin.