Easy to Operate
- Blue Giant mechanical dock levelers are easy to use: simply pull the release chain and let the heavy-duty main lift springs go into action.
- The deck rises up and the lip extends smoothly to the locked position. Then ‘walk’ the deck down to the truck bed and begin loading or unloading.
Powerful Hold-Down System
- The U-Beam features a ratchet hold-down system that offers a secure hold throughout the dock operating range, keeping it in place both during use and while parked so that safety issues such as ‘pop-ups’ are prevented.
- Automatic float compensation and pressure relief system prevents tension overload, allowing the dock leveler to seamlessly adjust to changes in trailer bed height without interrupting operation.
- Cadmium plating on the ratchet supports system longevity.
* I-Beam model only
- U-Beam channels are welded to the underside of the deck at dynamic impact points, preventing ‘dishing’ and prolonging the life of the dock leveler.
- The continuous one-piece headboard intensifies the strength of the deck’s front structure. A single lip hinge pin enables a stronger distributed load.
Deck Flex Advantage
- Ideal for normal loading conditions, the fixed rear hinge design allows the deck to flex up to 4″ (102 mm) when under load to ensure full-width contact between the lip and the truck bed
- The hinge remains flush with the floor to eliminate pinch points and cross traffic obstruction.
Designed with Safety in Mind
- If a truck leaves the dock unexpectedly or slides free of the lip plate, mechanical fall-safe legs prevent platform free-fall, minimizing the risk of worker injury and equipment damage.
The Blue Giant Advantage
With innovative features such as U-beam deck support and a highly efficient ratchet hold-down system, the Blue Giant U-Beam mechanical dock leveler has an industry-wide reputation for quality and performance.
Six U-beam channels enable a better load distribution. Twelve distributed load points make the deck less susceptible to permanent deflection and extend deck life by up to 50% compared to other beam structures.
The Blue Giant I-Beam mechanical dock leveler is a heavyduty workhorse that can meet the challenges of the busiest loading docks.
I-Beam construction increases deck thickness at key impact points. Because the load distribution contact area is wider on each beam, structural integrity is firmly maintained and underdeck support is up to 500% more effective than alternate beam types.
Advance to the NEXT LEVEL
The optional features listed below will help you get the most out of your dock leveler.
LIGHT COMMUNICATION PACKAGES
The Manual Light Communication Package consists of an indoor and outdoor set of signal lights that are manually operated to communicate safety conditions to both workers and truck drivers. An advanced Automatic Lights Communication Package has a sensor that detects the dock’s status and automatically signals when the dock is parked. Both packages minimize the risk of unscheduled truck departure and worker injury.
INCREASED SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
Blue Giant hydraulic vehicle restraints hold trucks securely at the loading dock, improving safety levels during cargo handling operations. Our models are low-profile, have a wide restraining range, and can accommodate a wide variety of ICC bars, including those that are bent or damaged. Comes with the Blue Genius™ Gold Series II Vehicle Restraint Control Panel and traffic lights package.
ASSURED MOTION FLOAT
Over 75% of North American trucks are now equipped with air-ride suspension. To ensure compatibility with a broader variety of truck types, Blue Giant offers assured motion float, a 4″ (102mm) maintained deck tilt, as an optional alternative to the standard fixed rear hinge. The floating action enables fullwidth contact between the lip and truck bed, preventing damage to forklift tires and cargo as well as lessening the jarring motion that can cause back and neck injury to forklift drivers. With assured motion float, the dock leveler can accommodate heavier loads without experiencing deck fatigue, reducing maintenance requirements and prolonging the working life of the leveler. When in the parked position, the dock leveler is flush with the floor, eliminating concerns associated with trip hazard and cross-traffic obstructions.